Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Beauty of Utah


I was raised in California. Beaches and lots of green, rolling hills and lakes and pines and redwood trees. I've also lived in Alaska (Kodiak), Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, and briefly in Arizona, Missouri, and Maryland. I spent nearly three years in Germany (Kaiserslautern & Baumholder) while in the Army. I enjoyed the sagebrush scattered deserts of Nevada. The desert is wonderful and mysterious at night. But I love even more the red rocks of Utah. Utah has some of the most amazing scenery I've ever seen. Bryce Canyon, Utah is the most incredible and alien landscape in the country. What is even more wonderful than the incredible sand stone formations (hoodoos) is the provision of visitors to explore the very nooks and crannies of this canyon. Foot trails wind throughout the base of the canyon.

No comments: